Hello everyone, new ae modular use here. Got a midi question. Ive been using the midi channel 1 to send to the ae and its been working perfectly. My question is, the master module has this omni mode where you can select from channels 14, 15 or 16 but I dont know exactly how to use that functionality. The arrow points to a slot with some pins and im not sure what should connect to it or how it works.
Hope I explained myself, any help is gladly appreciated.
no worries, this looks a bit confusing but is really simple.
You can switch to 5 different modes:
1. OMNI mode which means that the MIDI responds to ANY channel. You use the OMNI switch to select this mode
2. Channel 1 in which the module listens ONLY to MIDI channel 1. This is the default when OMNI is off and there is no bridge put into the channel pins.
3. Channel 14 in which the module listens ONLY to MIDI channel 14. To select this you need to cover the first two pins (from the left) with the little bridge that you should have received with the module.
4. Channel 15, same as above. You select this by covering the two right most pins with the little bridge.
5. Channel 16, same as above. You select this by covering all the pins with the two bridges that should have been part of the package.
Hmm looks like it wasnt included, dont see it in any of the bags. Thats ok, if its easy to get I could buy it in a hardware shop, no need to mail such a small item, can you send me a picture or a reference as to how to find it?robertlanger