Not been around much on here for several months (spinal issuess have caused me to be bed bound for that time). So this was ideal time for some AE love and attention.
I've had mine around two years now, and truly get along great with it. Here's a couple of things that I've done to improve things a bit.
First off, knobs. I know this has now been addressed by Robert and newer modules have knobs installed, but I've bought several sets of cheapy plastic knobs from AliExpress and Amazon that suffice. I've gone with light blue, red and white of the same form partly for aesthetics and partly for a bit of ease of use (I've mostly gone with using red for coarse settings and white for fine).
The red knobs I'd previously given a link to on a post on here way back, and although they're the same in appearance to the others, they did need a small drill bit to be instered in them to get them to fit on the pot barrels properly. Something easily done by hand.
The other thing I've done to extend the life for me is to buy some Fablon clear adhesive plastic (the sort you can cover books with). It's dead easy to dismantle each module and remove the panels then simply give them a brief wipe down and stick them to the Fablon, going round the holes with a sharp scalpel blade. This has greatly helped with keeping things clean and not wearing away any of the printing on the faceplates too.
I'll upload some photos later on so you can see what I'm on about, and will gladly give more guidance if anyone wants it.
Oh one last thing - DO NOT use isoprop the clean down the faceplates before sticking anything to them. You'll wipe the printing off. Glad I tested this before I went for it.
Great idea about the adhesive foil on top of the faceplates! The only thing preventing from trying this would be that it might reflect too much light when I film my videos causing a glare. But otherwise great advice!